Here are seven things you can do to re-establish your credit:
- Get a credit card and use it to establish or re-build your credit score. If you have to get an unsecured credit card you will have to put money on the credit card up front.
- Use your credit card to pay for things that you would normally pay for cash (groceries, gas etc.).
- Pay your credit statements on time or early.
- Keep the balance on credit card low. Do not exceed 30% of your credit limit.
- Use your non-dischargeable debts such as a student loan to re-build your credit score. It is important to your monthly student loan on time.
- Check your credit score on a regular basis. Make sure that everything being reported is accurate.
- Be patient.